Don Ferguson: National Sports Editor – Hoop Stars Media “Sideline to Online We Do Hoops”
Payton Mogire Maple Grove High School Q&A Interview!
Preparing for a bigger role..
Recently Governor Tim Waltz of Minnesota has just lifted the ban for the return of High School winter sports. The Minnesota State High School basketball will resume game play on Jan. 14th. We will get to see on opening night, what we consider one of the best stretch 4 type players in Payton Mogire a 6’9″ F/C in the class 2022 preparing for a bigger role and is ready for a breakout year. Payton is looking ready to take on the challenge in helping lead the Maple Grove Crimson in a bigger role this season.
When you watch Payton you will see a skilled, long, athletic player with great size that can cause match up problems for teams. At 6’9″ he floats on the perimeter well and has a nice outside jump shot from the three point land. This is an advantage for Maple Grove to have a big that can play inside as a post up and or step out to shoot the ball. As the season progresses, I expect to see Payton being a contributor offensively for the Crimson this season. As he continues to improve on his physical strength and show more of a dominant presence on the interior, we will see his College recruiting stock grow throughout the season.
Payton is currently being recruited by many D1 schools and the list currently includes: Western Michigan university, Marquette University, Cal Poly State, Texas University, Temple University, and Stanford University.
Take a moment to get to know Payton Mogire with this Great Q&A interview
Question and Answer:
1. Q. Full Name: and what Nickname or Name do you like to go by?
A. Payton Mogire, P, Pay, Payton
2. Q. What are you most looking forward to this season?
A. Showcasing my growth and proving myself one of the top players in state
3. Q. Who inspired you as a young athlete?
A. My grandma
4. Q. What one word describes you?
5. Q. What do you give up to play sports?
A. Partying and a lot of friendships.
6. Q. What is your favorite place to compete?
A. Anywhere with a hoop
7. Q. Do you think attitude is a factor in winning?
A. For sure, you can’t succeed without it.
8. Q. How does being an athlete inspire you to do good?
A. So I can inspire others who were once where I was at.
9. How does athletics make you a better student or teammate?
A. I learn how to better work with people from different places to accomplish different goals..
10. Whats the best part of your game?
A. My defense and athleticism for sure, I don’t believe there’s anyone I can’t guard on the floor.
11. What would like to improve on as a player?
A. My ball handling, so I can stretch the floor more..
12. What schools are currently recruiting or showing interest in you?
A. Western Michigan university, Marquette University, Cal Poly State, Texas University, Temple University, and Stanford University.
13. Q. Being a young Student Athlete in this state of Minnesota, Do you feel pressure to be perfect?
A. Yes, but I’ve always had it and I don’t feel it as much anymore.
14. Q. What would you like College Coaches to know about you?
A. I’m a hard-worker, and I bring defense and scoring that not many give at my size.