Don Ferguson: National Sports Editor – Hoop Stars Media “Sideline to Online We Do Hoops”
Andre Gray Minneapolis North High School Q&A Interview!
The year of growth..
Andre Gray a 6’4″ Guard that plays for the power house Minneapolis North Polars is one of the most athletic and high flying guards in the state of Minnesota. He will be playing for Minnesota Hall of Fame Coach Larry McKenzie. Coach McKenzie has won 6 state titles during his High School career and has helped many young men play at the next level as Student Athletes. Gray will be no exception and will help lead North back to another state title run. When you look at the roster regardless of class, it is one of the best rosters in Minnesota High School Basketball.
Some of the attributes that makes Andre Gray a highly desirable guard for College Coaches is that he is a strong explosive guard who is constantly attacking the rim and putting pressure on opposing team defenses. His ability to finish strong and play above the rim, can guard multiple positions on switches and plays aggressively on both ends of the floor. Andre plays the passing lanes really well causing turn overs and getting easy transition baskets. As he continues to improve his consistency beyond the arch, this will allow him to score from all three levels.
Andre is currently receiving offers and interest from: North Dakota, North Dakota State, South Dakota, Cal Poly, Omaha Nebraska,Hampton, Milwaukee, Kansas City, Missouri, Wright State, Northeastern Loyola, Chicago, Northern Iowa Columbia, St. Thomas, Ohio University, Troy University, Western Illinois, Detroit Mercer,and Wofford Lehigh University
Take a moment to get to know Andre Gary with this Great Q&A interview
Question and Answer:
Minneapolis North High School Website: (Click Here)
Andre Gray Twitter: (Click Here)
1. Q. Full Name: and what Nickname or Name do you like to go by?
A. Andre Darnell Gray II: Dre
2. Q. What are you most looking forward to this season?
A. Having a season, developing a relationship with my team and adapting to a new style of play.
3. Q. Who inspired you as a young athlete?
A. Pistol Pete
4. Q. What one word describes you?
5. Q. What do you give up to play sports?
A. My time & social life
6. Q. What is your favorite place to compete?
A. Any court
7. Q. Do you think attitude is a factor in winning?
8. Q. How does being an athlete inspire you to do good?
A. It’s not just a game to me, it’s a way of life! If me having good character inspires others, then I have done my job.
9. How does athletics make you a better student or teammate?
A. Athletics make me a better student because it pushes me to work harder and make me more accountable to myself and my teammates.
10. Whats the best part of your game?
A. Defense and Scoring ability
11. What would like to improve on as a player?
A. Being more consistent
12. What schools are currently recruiting or showing interest in you?
A. North Dakota North Dakota State South Dakota Cal Poly Omaha Nebraska Hampton Milwaukee Kansas City Missouri Wright State Northeastern Loyola Chicago Northern Iowa Columbia St. Thomas Ohio University Troy University Western Illinois Detroit Mercer Wofford Lehigh University
13. Q. Being a young Student Athlete in this state of Minnesota, Do you feel pressure to be perfect?
A. Yes, because It’s like I have to prove to everyone that I can play all the time.
14. Q. What would you like College Coaches to know about you?
A. That I give 100% all the time with a team first mentality.